The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test (ASVAB), is a multiple choice test. It is given by the United States Military Entrance Processing Command, it is used to determine your qualification for enlistment in the United States Armed Forces.
How Does ASVAB Tutoring Help you?
ASVAB Tutoring helps to cover all of the important areas of the ASVAB as well as prepare you for what the test will look and feel like with our practice exams and homework. We help you achieve the score you want for the job you want in the Armed Forces.
What Are the Areas Covered by ASVAB Tutoring?
ASVAB Tutoring prepares you for:
- General Science: Covers all parts of high school level science.
- Word Knowledge: Improve your ability to understand different words through their synonyms and roots.
- Arithmetic Reasoning: Build your skills to solve basic arithmetic and word problems.
- Paragraph Comprehension: Improve your ability to understand specific written material.
- Electronics Information: Improve your ability to understand electronic systems, electrical circuits, and electrical devices.
- Auto and Shop Information: Improve your automotive maintenance, repair, wood and metal shop skills.
- Assembling Objects: Learn how to measure objects and understand spatial relations.
- Mathematic Knowledge: Build your knowledge regarding mathematical concepts and applications
What is an ASVAB Score?
The most important part of the ASVAB is the AFQT (Armed Force Qualification Test) score. It determines your eligibility to enlist in the U.S Armed Forces. The score also determines the bonus and incentives you can be qualified for in your enlistment contract – the higher your score, the higher rewards you can qualify for. The ASVAB can be converted into 10 other composite score areas known as “line scores” that determine what MOS an individual may qualify for. Listed below are the parts of the ASVAB that affect your AFQT test scores and each of the ten line scores.
- Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) – Paragraph Comprehension, Word Knowledge, Mathematics Knowledge, and Arithmetic Reasoning.
- Clerical (CL) – Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning and Mathematics Knowledge.
- Combat (CO) – Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Auto & Shop and Mechanical Comprehension.
- Electronics (EL) – General Science, Arithmetic Reasoning, Mathematics Knowledge and Electronic Information.
- Field Artillery (FA) – Arithmetic Reasoning, Mathematics Knowledge and Mechanical Comprehension.
- General Maintenance (GM) – General Science, Auto & Shop, Mathematics Knowledge and Electronics Information.
- General Technical (GT) – Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR).
- Mechanical Maintenance (MM) – Auto & Shop, Mechanical Comprehension and Electronic Information.
- Operators and Food (OF) – Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Auto & Shop and Mechanical Comprehension.
- Surveillance and Communications (SC) – Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning, Auto & Shop and Mechanical Comprehension.
- Skilled Technical (ST) – Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, General Science, Mechanical Comprehension and Mathematics Knowledge.